What exactly is a retreat? The definition from Webster is an act or process of withdrawing; a place of privacy or safety; a period for prayer, meditation, study, or instruction under a director
I would add, a period of time you completely unplug and disconnect from your normal routine, responsibilities, and distractions, to focus completely on yourself and your needs.
Retreats have been valued for a long time, shown by this quote, “Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer; since to remain constantly at work will cause you to lose power or judgment…” written by Leonardo da Vinci in the 16th Century! Even way back then, the brilliant artist recognized the value of retreats!
Retreats offer a rich and valuable experience to help you lead your most authentic and intentional life.
Here are my top 10 reasons why:
1. We change our environment, we change our mind. When you are away from your email, piles on your desk, children, messy closets, and yard work, it frees your mind to think about your life in a totally different way. It creates space in your mind to explore, contemplate, and ponder things on a larger scale.
2. We have to be quiet in order to listen. We are so busy with so much stimulation around us today, it is rare to have any quiet time. Our still, inside voice of wisdom, (the one we often don’t pay much attention to) comes through loud and clear when we take the time to be quiet.
3. We all need to be part of something bigger. Being with a group of like-minded people is powerful. Strong bonds are made, even in a weekend when you spend time eating, talking, and practicing together inside the community of a retreat.
4. We experience something new. Much of the power of going on retreat comes from a willingness to open to the adventure of the complete experience. I can’t tell you how many of my participants have done something for the first time on their retreat—from surfing to horseback riding.
5. We flow with nature. Most retreats are centered around nature. Whether it is the ocean, a river, or the mountains, when we experience the passionate flow of nature, we are reminded how we can choose to flow in our own lives.
6. We experience breakthroughs when we take the time to stop. A new perspective is powerful. You take a step outside your “normal” life and things become more clear, transparent, and obvious, all setting you up for a breakthrough in your relationships, your work, or your handstand.
7. We give ourselves the permission and space not to be “doing” something all the time. There is not a busyness, but a real business in retreating. You learn how much you really are doing for yourself, by doing nothing.
8. We find our way back to ourselves. We renew, rejuvenate, and recharge with the mental, emotional, and physical rest a retreat provides and remember our true nature.
9. We experience freedom. You get to choose when to eat, sleep, take a walk by yourself, or join the group hike. When you focus on what you need moment to moment, you experience a sense of peace and contentment with your freedom of choice.
10. Your Retreat is a gift you give yourself, but it is also a gift to others. After you experience the power of a retreat, you return home more present, attentive, and intentional with yourself and everyone else in your life.
Now that you know the power a retreat has to offer, what are you waiting for? You could always take yourself on a retreat, but the problem is you have to figure out all of the logistics, and the perfect time, and if you really have the money, and, and, and,…you may not quite get around to doing it.
Something magical happens when women gather with women. I think it is this hormone that women release which is Oxytocin, or the hugging hormone, which plays a big role in bonding.
Women just want to have fun, connect, and enjoy the precious time they have for vacation without needing to organize it.
They want a more active, meaningful experience with inquisitive and interesting women.
It may be sitting in a rocking chair with a glass of wine or a cooking class in Umbria, shopping in Rome, walking a labyrinth or sharing stories with other beautiful women. Retreats provide the perfect venue for connecting to your soul’s essence.
I encourage you to look online, talk to people, and book your retreat NOW.
To get you started, here is the information for my upcoming.
Dragonfly Experience Reuniting – Reconnecting – Reunion Retreat
September 24-27, 2021
Felicia Grant is a Certified Advanced Soul Coaching practitioner, Intuitive Medium & Holy Fire Reiki Master.
Join us for The DragonflyExperience Women’s Retreat in Sautee GA at the beautiful Elohee Retreat Center
Let Felicia help you create your own DragonflyExperience and Re-establish your divine connection to your spirit.
Find yourself on the nature trails, explore your own spiritual journey on the labyrinth, Enjoy the sunset from the open air jacuzzi and commune with your tribe or luxuriate in a healing spa massage treatment.
If you are ready to step into your own personal power this retreat will give you the tools you need. Helping you to discover their true soul’s mission and live an authentic life carrying out your souls purpose. This retreat will focus on deep inner work fusing in yoga, energy work and meditation to create lasting transformation.
Sometimes there are inner barriers that limit your ability to step into your soul’s potential.
It’s time to release them!
For more info: Visit my website at DragonflyExperience Retreats